Planning the funeral of loved ones is not an easy task for the family who are left behind. Survivors face the tough job of looking for the best funeral provider that can handle necessary tasks for the deceased loved one. The loss is painful and sometimes too hard to accept. But the task of preparing for the funeral is necessary to pay the last respects for the loved one. There is a need to make everything perfect for the last time. It will be easier if prior to death, the deceased loved one requested a particular funeral home or stated it in the last will and testament; you must honor it without hesitation.
So, here are some tips in searching the best funeral home to provide service for you:
1. Know the service you want for your loved one. Do you want direct cremation or memorial service? Direct burial or cremation can be handled by a limited service provider. While funeral services is best provided by full-service funeral homes. They provide pre-arrangement services like picking the body, embalming, dressing and casket. The bereaved family will also be assisted to select the room for viewing, the memorial services they want for their loved one, the graveside and burial services.
2. Search through the yellow pages, internet and directories of funeral homes in your community. Look for funeral homes that are duly recognized by the National Funeral Directors Association. You can also rely to your friendly-neighborhood funeral homes that can cater your needs. Ask your friends who have undergone the same situation to recommend reputable funeral providers. Listen or read online feedbacks from people who have engaged their services. Make a shortlist of your choice then contact them one by one. During this distressing time, you can also ask a close friend to help you with the task of inquiring and searching for the best funeral homes.
3. Ask for the price list or service packages they offer – To avoid long conversation, immediately ask for price list. They are required to provide it upon the client’s request even over the phone. The list contains the services they offer and how much they cost. You can also avail of the service packages they offer. Sometimes, funeral homes also have promotional offers which give discounts on some services they provide. But make sure that promo campaigns do not affect the excellent service you expect to get for your loved one.
4. Compare the prices of the services and products. Decide which provider suits your needs and budget. You may be surprised that there are funeral homes that offer reasonable prices with excellent services. So, shop first before making a decision. Have at least three choices.
5. Visit the sites of your chosen service providers. Find out if they have licensed technicians and knowledgeable staff to handle the funeral for your loved one. Respectful, cooperative and caring attitude of staff are also important so take note of it. It is also good to consider family-owned funeral homes because they provide homely, caring services and more affordable services.
6. Choose comfortable and spacious place to accommodate the visiting friends and relatives. To avoid a lot of cost, find a funeral home that is close to your home, convenient and with wide parking facilities.
7. After deciding which funeral home is best for your needs, you can start planning for funeral rites especially if you want a private memorial services to pay homage to your departed loved one. Friends and relatives will also be more comfortable grieving with the family in a private room. But you can always opt for a public memorial service in the church, public halls or even in parks.